Weekly Goals

Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Its been busy here.   Over the weekend Asher was baptized.  He didn't LIKE the water on his head and glared at the minister when it was over. 


I wish I had taken a video of Asher's indignant screams and flailing feet--note Laura Beth has a good grip on him!

I don't know why my pictures of Asher are all so solemn--he laughs and giggles and is lots of fun.


 During one of the pictures Asher did manage to sneak a taste of the cake--



Big brother Mason had lots of fun playing with his many cousins.  A photo of something that rarely happens--Mason sitting quietly!



Great grand parents Marvin and Syrolla were here, a shot of them with Mason.  Ken and I gave them a quilt I'd made--"Ode to Vincent" (Swoon by Camille Roskelley).  Syrolla has the quilt folded on her lap. 



There was no special occasion for gifting the quilt.   Sometimes quilts are just for giving. 

I'm back at the VC---yesterday visitors brought a snake in--


A Plains Hognose Snake.  Its very young--they are 6-9" when they hatch.  A non-venomous snake.  It was released after photos.

Weekly Goals
  1. Trim Super Star pieces
  2. YoYos
That's all I brought with me in the camper.  Sandi (next door neighbor) and I need to make air conditioner covers (tulle to fit over our air conditioners) to keep the cottonwood tree fuzz and other "stuff" from plugging our roof air conditioner units.  

6 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

A big day for Asher and family. Solemn? I'd call that his "You'd better look out" look. :) Somebody took a sample like that out of Hailey's confirmation cake too. We suspect her little brother though he claims innocence.

Sara said...

Such fun to see your baptism pictures Lori. Our granddaughter didn't like the whole process on Sunday either. The minister decided not to even try to lay her over the font, and just dipped his hand and then smoothed it over her hair. She was indignant too!

Nancy said...

Baptism, family gathering, food, and celebrations - all the ingredients for a perfect weekend. I'm glad it went well.

Mary-Kay said...

Looks like you had a great weekend with your family. I never baptized my oldest until he was 8-ish and he just knelt on the baptismal font and leaned over. Worked great! I don't like snakes, poisonous or not.

Unknown said...

Greetings! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us useful information to work on. You have done a wonderful job! Bridal lehenga

Moneik said...

Looks like a beautiful celebration! Mathew didn't much care for his baptism either. Mikaela did not like the attention being on Mathew instead of on her.