Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, October 24, 2016
Last week I finished making Barn Dance blocks and took them off the design wall.  The wall was naked so I put the Scrappy Trips blocks up--


 A furrows setting, I think I like it better than the original way shown next--
 

The chains of dark blue just wandered off the edges of the quilt and looked like the planning had been interrupted.  (Sorry about the quality of the pictures, night shots always look dingy and dreary!)  There weren't enough blocks and there was no more of that particular dark blue.  Ripped the first 20 blocks apart and then made more blocks using assorted dark blue chains to set them 6x7 (42).  Boy sized!!  I started these blocks prior to 2010 for sure.  Wildly scrappy and I love it!  It will be hard to part with it but I can make another.  Recently the discussion on Stashbusters was if we ever repeated a pattern?  Most definitely, I've made at least five of these.  Each one looks different.  Please see everyone's design wall post at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--

Arrange Scrappy Trips blocks 
Plan some borders
Start a New Project

Ah--a new project!  Its been simmering on the back burner for a while.  I need to do a bit more math and planning.  

Harvest is going to keep us busy.  Not sure where I'll fit in any sewing.  But I'll try!!

~LORI~
 

5 comments:

Judy in Missouri said...

Love the Scrappy Trips! That one is on my bucket list. Every setting makes it look like a different quilt.

Sara said...

The TATW blocks are another favorite that I know I'll repeat. The last one I did using jelly roll strips from blue/green batiks. Next time I plan to be more scrappy with them. But I know that I'll do another.

Vic in NH said...

Furrows looks fine! And I'm hoping and praying that you are fine, too, after the tumble that you took

Moneik said...

I love making scrappy trip around the world quilts. I've made 1 so far, but have the second one in a top. I decided to make it bigger, so need to make 13 more blocks. I have all the blue and yellow strips cut for another one, just trying to finish up some UFO's before I start sewing it. I make the same pattern more than once. I know how it goes together and can make different scraps or yardages work, based on how it goes together.

Angie in SoCal said...

Love both your versions - they are so colorful. I'm sure glad I came by and saw those. Thanks for sharing.