Rainbow Scrappy Saturday--Orange & Yellow

Saturday, October 22, 2016
This week I worked on Barn Dance blocks--


This one has orange and yellow in it.  A few mistakes along the way--

 
But I fixed it--


I love those google eyed chickens!  All the Barn Dance blocks are completed.  Plus a few extras.  I found a stack of churn dashes I knew I'd made for Barn Dance.  Thought I had misplaced one step of the directions.  Went to the website.  The last blocks have 8" finished churn dashes in them.   I had already made them.  Now I have extras.   Please see everyone's posts at SoScrappy.

Its been a tough week.  On Wednesday I fell.  I didn't trip over anything, my feet got tangled up and I went down like tree.  WHACK!!!  Luckily I didn't fall on anything.  Landed on my knees and my right forearm.  Rug burns but nothing else.  I landed with my forearm parallel to the floor, otherwise I think I would have broke it.  But no black eyes, my teeth are all fine, but my body is SORE.  So not much sewing or anything else.  Time for more Tylenol!

~LORI~

10 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh, Lori!! Sorry to hear about your fall. I'm starting week 3 in my walking cast boot. Tylenol and Advil are your friends. You are making great progress on your Barn Dance QAL!

Deb A said...

Oh no! Hope you are feeling better and able to sew a little. I too tend to have little boo boo's on the blocks and have to rip and fix them. Very pretty though.

Ariane said...

Your blocks are super cute!! Sorry to hear you hurt yourself. Hope you feel better soon.

Chantal said...

Love the google eyed chickens too. So cute. Your project is lovely. Sorry to hear about the fall. You take care of yourself because the hardware store doesn't carry spare parts. Believe me, I've searched. Speedy recovery and sending some prayers to you. ;^)

Karen said...

The chicken fabric is adorable. The churn dash blocks will be a pretty rainbow quilt. Take care.

Katie Z. said...

Ow, ow, ow! I hope you feel better soon.

I'm going to make the Barn Dance blocks next year as part if my rainbow scrappy blocks, I think. Yours look great! (How's the sewing room? LoL!)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so sorry to hear you fell! That is no fun, but at least nothing is broken. I know from first hand experience that a broken wrist is no fun! Thos barn dance blocks look so interesting!

gayle said...

There's no down side to extra churn dash blocks! And I love those googly eyed chicks, too!
And ow!! Heal fast!

claudia said...

So sorry to hear about your fall! I have always been afraid I would fall and I live mostly by myself, with neighbors a ways away from me...scary thought! I am glad your weren't hurt, except for the soreness.
I love yourblocks1 I am going to have to join in with you all next year. I have enjoyed following along the last few months. (I just discovered this fun "challenge")

PaulaB quilts said...

I pray that you will have no lasting effects from the fall. It seems to be going around as we get older. What else is new? Your google eye chickens must have been distracting you when you added that piece upside down. You could also blame them for the fall if you like!