Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, October 31, 2016
There are 12 Pieces of Eight blocks on the wall--


Next is playing with their arrangement, then I can sew them together.  The Scrappy Trips are still on the wall underneath them.  Once they are a flimsy they can wait on the borders pile.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--

Sew Pieces of Eight together
Sew Scrappy Trips together
Work on another project

Soybeans are harvested, today we start corn.  Not sure how much sewing time I'll have.  Nothing that requires deep thinking.

Happy Halloween!  I have candy bars ready but we haven't had a trick or treater in two years.  Ken made sure to pick ones he liked. 

~LORI~

6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Love those blocks! I need to remember it when I get my scraps in order.

I don't have trick or treaters in my area.

Sara said...

Those are fun blocks and look great as a scrappy mix.

I usually have 80-100 trick or treaters at my house. Could be worse however - a couple of streets over from us they get about 1500 every year. That is because the street is full of houses decorated and lit up in an amazing display. And that attracts the kids.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Neat blocks and they look easy enough to do.

Happy Halloween! Have my candy for tonight's Trick or Treaters, though the little Snickers bars might not make it that long. ;) We don't usually get too many kids but with the weather so nice who knows. Since most of the trees lining our street have been cut down it doesn't look so dark & scary. That might make a difference.

AnnieO said...

Love those blocks, and the Scrappy Trip peeking out behind.

We have had light years the last two years, but still in the 80 range tonight for trick or treaters. Some years we have run out of candy and that is with buying 5-7 bags of it!

cityquilter grace said...

oooh i like very much!

Kate said...

Very fun scrappy blocks.