Wednesday Ramblings

Thursday, July 17, 2008
I didn't know that "taverns" were such a localized slang term!!  Sorry everyone!  I think other places they are called BBQ's.  You brown and drain hamburger, add chopped onions and green peppers, brown some more, add salt and pepper, a small squirt of mustard with a large glop of ketchup, and a little white sugar and brown vinegar.  Now this is all "to taste".  No measurements here.  I have made this same recipe since I was little, and I remember the ingredients are in pairs and there are eight of them beside the hamburger!~  You cook it slowly until it is thick and served on hamburger buns, preferably with a slice of cheese and hamburger dill slices.  'Course my husband will eat ANYTHING that looks like a burger, it's his favorite meal.

I haven't done any sewing the last few days, had another Dr. appt but nothing major found.  LOL--GOOD!!  So today I will nap a bit, and then head back to my camper as I volunteer tomorrow at the visitor center.  I did get my 4 patches sewn together, the stars are all made for the baby quilt.  I have hung the blocks on the wall and am in the process of getting the rows together.  Whew!!  This baby better not be too early or I won't be done!  We are going to visit Laura Beth and Nick in August, and I would like to have it done by then.  But as I was setting the blocks together, I realized I had no border fabric!!  Oh dear, I might have to go shopping again!  What a tragedy. 


1 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

You're right, I think "taverns" is a very localized term. I've always called them that and when I was in high school in Creighton they called them that on the school lunch menu. Here around Orchard they are bbq's and in Pierce they are mexiburgers. Kind of like quilt patterns, aren't they, one pattern, several names.

Linda in NE