Sunday Stash Report

Saturday, August 9, 2008
I am visiting Laura Beth and Nick this weekend, so will post from their computer. Can't post any pictures now, but will post some when I get home. I have bought two lengths of fleece (80" each) to back the baby quilts I'm making, 3 yards for a gift and to share as charms at my guild meeting, and 6 yds (each 2 yards) for borders and binding on the three baby quilts I have the tops made. Whew!! I also bought four books at JoAnne's because they were 40% or 50% off, can't remember but know it was a good deal! All of them will make great stash user books. And one new magazine--it has a quilt I just love in it, but I will WAIT until I am actually going to make it--I need 3 yds of a red---it uses lots of stash--but does need the one red to tie it all together.

So that makes 6+ yds of fleece, and 9 yards of "other". But ALL will be leaving my stash in the next month, so I don't feel bad at all!!

No Quiltathon for me, but will get some sewing in before the end of the month!

1 comments:

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Fleece makes the softest backing for baby quilts - I have also used flannel and even knit fabric too! I often make scrap quilts where it is necessary to buy 1-2 fabrics of yardage to off-set all the scraps - I love that look!
Cheers!
Evelyn