Motivation Friday

Friday, October 10, 2008
How are my goals coming? I have the Chunky Churn Dashes loaded and have started quilting. What an experience! When I measured the quilt realized it would take a king size batt. Dig dig dig in the closet. Hmmm--only King size batt was one of a quality I'm not impressed with. It's "mushy" to work with. Okay, it's MY quilt, I wanted an 80/20 batt, so I will cope. Next, on to thread selection. Big quilt, going to take lots of thread. I finally chose a solid teal blue to match the borders and hourglass blocks on the front. And the bobbin thread--a variegated that blends into the backing. Yes, I know you usually put the variegated thread on the FRONT--but hey--it's MY quilt! Now to pick a quick panto for it. Hmm--Waterworld is on the table, I like it, I'll use that! After four trips across the quilt I'm barely to the first row of blocks. Now I knew the batting needed to be quilted closely, and I can safely say "it's quilted closely!!"

And the "not so top secret" quilt is slowly taking shape. All the blocks are made and ready to be sewn into a top. I'm enjoying it.

I haven't "whipped" my stash much the last few days, but that's ok because I AM making progress.

Lots of things were done this week that weren't quilty, so I feel good about what I've gotten done.

And here is another picture I took on the road trip, I live in what's called the James River Valley area--and this is the James River as we crossed it yesterday.


She is a very old slow river, but in the spring she often overflows her banks and covers the valley from edge to edge, covering highways and bridges.

4 comments:

MightyMom said...

sounds like she's a very naughty old slow river! pretty though!

hooray for to-do's getting to-done!

I love love love varigated thread! I often hand quilt with it!! I actually dug through all my thread looking for a wild var I had for the baby blanket I made..only to find I'd used it up making aprons. sigh...I was sad. even sadder as I've sworn not to buy anything more to sew with as I have more than I can currently store..... :-(.....





course....






I haven't broken any rules lately.....







might be about time to!

Stephanie D said...

I joined a bunch of strips yesterday for a border for a child's quilt, but I swear there are more than when I started....

SueR said...

You're staying busy, as always. Nice photo of the river. I love those gray days like that.

Hunter said...

What a beautiful photograph.

Darilyn