Wednesday Ponderings

Wednesday, April 21, 2010
I took this picture while Henrietta was here, she was showing my dad a video on her computer and he was riveted to the screen.  It was a video about where she lives (a LONG ways away) and he watched it for almost an hour!  


My dad is 90 years old.  Think of all the changes he's seen in his life.  From working in the field with horses, to watching video's on the internet!  He's lived through electricity, running water, modern healthcare.  The telephone!  And through it he has maintained a sense of humor.  Makes me wonder, will I live to be 90, and if I do, will I be like him??
 

9 comments:

Julianne said...

It is amazing isn't it.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Like Julianne says, it's amazing. Think of all the changes just during our lifetimes. Makes you wonder what our grandchildren will see.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

P.S......I really like your new header. It's a great photo of Gavins Point. I don't think I've ever seen all the gates open at once like that.

Catsngrams said...

What a wonderful man. To be 90 and still enjoying the tools of time. In just my life span I have seen the computer go from one the size of a room to one the size of a notebook. Amazing.

Vicki W said...

I am convinced that you only live to 90 IF you keep your sense of humor!

MightyMom said...

well you certainly have a great sense of humor Ms Giggles!!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Isn't that amazing. WM's Grandpa is 97 this year and the things he talks about - amazing!!

Henrietta said...

Another day he watched with great interest as I searched, found and downloaded a user manual for a garage door opener. His comment, "It's a lot easier to do things today"

As I removed and replaced the batteries a day or so later he asked what I was working on. When I told him, he waited until I had it together again then when I pressed the button he opened his eyes very wide and opened his mouth! Hysterical. My face must have been a sight to see. He enjoyed the joke especially when I said to Lori (washing dishes with her back to us) "look Lori it works!"

Tell him I am thinking about him.

Judy D in WA said...

I often think how much my Gramma would have loved the www. This picture is precious as he is, I bet. Thanks for sharing.