We're still here, and we're sewing!

Saturday, April 10, 2010
We've been sewing, and have made a bit of progress.  We had decided to try to make a 4 patch stacked posey quilt, I had bought fabric to try it a LONG time ago.  Henrietta and I attack a project differently.  She makes a few blocks, auditions sashings etc, and then proceeds.  I cut and sew all my blocks first--THEN decide where I'm going.  So here's our progress--

Henrietta's blocks are smaller--with two sashings (another black sashing will be added) they will finish about 7.5"




My blocks right now finish about 8.5 inches



I am toying with the idea of using a striped sashing with 9 patch cornerstones, and set the blocks on point.  I like how Henrietta's smaller blocks concentrate the designs in the fabric.  


In between blowing my nose and coughing and sneezing, I have been reading blogs.  Not much commenting (my brain is fuzzy!) but I AM reading.  


I hope everyone is having a good weekend, I need to make a quick trip to the grocery store, and then I can sew some more.  

7 comments:

Katie Z. said...

I like your posies... I've thought those look like fun, but I don't buy big-print fabric (cuz what do I do with the leftovers!?).

Catsngrams said...

I like your posies. What a fun project.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I like your flower blocks. Kind of reminds me of Stack 'n Whack.

Cold or allergies? Doesn't matter which one....miserable is miserable. You have my sympathy.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Penny said...

Oh my goodness your blocks are so lovely. Very nice. I sew like you, jump in and get 'r done. I usually do make a prototype just to check measurements. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I hate being fuzzy headed (and that does not refer to my hair).

MightyMom said...

ooo very nice!! I remember when you bought/searched for fabric for this project!

Helen in the UK said...

That flower fabric works really well for the posies :)