Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, March 2, 2015
No piecing done this week, but I finished quilting Summer Nites at the Lake--

Summer Nites at the Lake
Navy thread front and back.  The quilting is hidden on the front, but on the medium blue back it shows--

Back of Summer Nites at the Lake
Its a simple large panto called "Hibiscus".  The ruler is to show the size of the quilting, not too dense, but not more than 2" until another stitching line.  This will hold any batting in place for the life of the quilt.  Its also super easy and fast to do!  I'm not a heirloom quilter.  My style is "hold the backing to the front with batting for heavy use and washing"!  The backing is one I dyed.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--

Load/quilt another top
Binding for Lake quilt
Binding for Cheddar Delight
Cut squares for baby quilts

I am concentrating on quilting with the baby arrival date moved up.  A stack of binding will be my stress relief project.  Easy to pick up and put down with NO BRAIN needed!

I have been punching buttons too.  Used books, more colors of dye, and some 118" wide white backing to dye.  I thought I had WIDE backing but its only 90" and two tops are bigger than that.  30% off at JoAnns and free shipping.  When I figure gas and time it was a bargain.  

I thought I might need some needles for the Princess.  Have you ever done this?


Seriously?  Was I crazy?  There are 60 new needles!  A new one every other quilt or at the most every quilt.  So--am I going to quilt 120 quilts in the next couple of weeks?  

Plans are to lock the doors and sew/quilt like mad!  9 days until baby arrival and counting!  




 

6 comments:

Nancy said...

I've never heard the expression "punching buttons" but I do a lot of it myself, especially in the winter.

Love the quilting you did. I don't like quilts with dense stitching. In my opinion, they aren't cuddly and don't have any drape at all.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

I also like a more loose yet close quilting. i am intrigued by how you dye your backings.

Sara said...

Love that hibiscus panto - very pretty in the navy thread. Gorgeous quilt.

9 days and counting until the baby arrives - unless he comes a little earlier. :-)

Cathy said...

Oh, my gosh...that's beautiful on both the front and back!

cityquilter grace said...

2 yrs ago i bought 100 needles...so glad i did...and the quilt? oohh la like!

Katie Z. said...

Lovely!

Good luck with the impending baby arrival. You'd better pack!