Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, March 23, 2015
I finished the binding on my album quilt this weekend.  

Rainbow Scrappy Challenge 2014 Album Quilt
I made album blocks for my Rainbow Scrappy Challenge in 2014 and this is the finished quilt.  The blocks were so much fun I'm making them again for 2015!  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--

Bind two quilts
Piece baby quilts
5" challenge project

Still on Grandma duty, but I was able to sew Wednesday with my guild's QOV group.  Saturday I sewed with the Iowa Sweat Shop Ladies.  I took a few pictures--

Rhonda appliqued sheep on this darling baby quilt



and pieced a Vikings quilt



Sharon is embroidering a project designed by her son



Kathleen is piecing a fall table runner



Karla machine quilted on her Japanese quilt



Lorri2Rs sister posed under the quilt Lorri2Rs made her--Lucky woman!!



Donna is cutting our new group project



Gina--well, I'll let you guess how Gina's day is going!!




The Iowa Sweat Shop Ladies sometimes work on a "group" project.  This time its either a Missouri Star Disappearing Pinwheel or Hourglass.  There are different versions to both blocks and with the YouTube videos easily accessible it makes a great group project.  I can hardly wait to see how different everyone's project will be.  Maybe we need a mini quilt show after our projects are done??

And a few grandson pictures--

Mason on the Climbing Dome
 
Asher with the "scooper"
Grandpa and Maxwell sleeping

This week is more grandma duty.  Life is good!  







6 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

Love your finish. Asher and Maxwell are so sweet!! They don't stay small very long do they?

Kat Scribner said...

Great finish, Lori. I bet you can make those granny squares in your sleep.

Nann said...

Lots of quilty progress on a lovely spring day! I need to make something yellow for this month's RSC.

Sara said...

I agree completely - life must be good. Lovely quilts (especially that sheep quilt) and fun ladies! And grandma time! What more could you ask for.

Bonnie said...

Great quilt but the napping Grandpa and baby is the best! Nothing like quality bonding time with a baby! Tell your group we are loving their quilts!

Tired Teacher said...

I've always followed the unwritten rule "when baby sleeps, everyone should sleep." Nothing worse than being sleep deprived with a newborn in the house.

Love all the quilts, but Lorrie2's quilt is stunning.