Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, March 29, 2015
New numbers this week--

I purchased 11 yards for backing, binding and a pillowcase.

I finished Summer Nites at the Lake--that used 18 yards of stash.

Stash in this week--11 yards
Stash in YTD--100 yards
Stash out this week--18 yards
Stash out YTD--110.5 yards

I'm ahead  10.5 yards!

 
Summer Nites at the Lake    
It was windy when I took the picture, I used rocks along the edge to anchor it down.  Didn't want you to think I had some funky piecing going on!  Summer Nites is 84 x 100, an Evelyn Sloppy pattern from this book--




I used my 30's stash and a navy solid.  I altered the size by using 2.5" strips instead of 2".   The backing is a medium blue I dyed.  Quilted with navy thread that hides on the top but shows on the backing.  A simple panto called Hibiscus was used, the yardstick shows the size of the quilting.  Although its a big panto, the quilting lines are never more than 2" apart.  Its still soft and cuddly but the batting should be anchored down and not bunch.

Hibiscus panto
I have three more projects to bind.  Five actively being pieced.  Three ready to quilt.  Life is good!  Please see everyone's stash reports at Patchwork Times.





9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, your quilt is gorgeous!

Tired Teacher said...

I love the quilt - well done, rocks and all.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Lori, you've been going gangbusters on the quilting this past winter. I might have said it before, but I love that quilt. It makes me think maybe I should break out my collection of 30s fabric and do something with a dark background...batiks would be pretty too.

Donna said...

Very pretty. You've been busy.

Sharon said...

Pretty quilt and I love that panto.

sewspeciallady said...

Great job Grandma. Looks like you are getting a few minutes to bind the quilts on duty.

Anonymous said...

That Hibiscus panto is my favorite quilting pattern by far!
Love the huge shapes that are close together.

Vic in NH said...

Wow, that quilting is really an intricate pattern, kudos to you for a fine finish!

Elaine Adair said...

I've not been at your site recently - OMGosh, you have been going to town with projects, quilts, friends, etc. My favorite is Grandpa and grandson. Sweet uhhh, handsome I guess I should say!