Rainbow Scrappy Saturday

Saturday, May 2, 2015
These are the last of my purple blocks--



Please see everyone's purple posts at SoScrappy.
 
Remember the 83 Broken Dishes 30's blocks I found?  Not liking my *old* plans I searched the internet for ideas.  I found this--

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgts4iVFSb7RDcitNybryU6MF54JL1StLXQxa7nvyjYYI7RcYdsn0wWJ9X4i5C9c8vETYclR0FOIC5xPih8Rm4-JGmz3rHsbs196LKxpb4PXZnfheDCLErSO859QONEaKPV9KybCHxdxtxG/s1600/Barbs+quilt+close+up.JPG

I found it on this blog--

http://craizeecorner.blogspot.com/p/2012-quilts-finished.html

Thank you Sharon!  Don't you love how the blocks look like trailing ribbons or vines?  The best part is I can use the white alternating blocks already sewn to some of the blocks as the vertical sashings!  A WIN-WIN!! 

And my Mojo is back!  Yes, Liz in Houston had a heart-to-heart talk with him.  Told him how I missed him and needed him.  Said I had bought new modern fabrics for him to play with.  Told him the weather is beautiful in South Dakota now.  (She also promised that I would make him chocolate chip cookies!)  He immediately got on the bus and he's already pulling out fabrics and planning new starts.  Stephanie in Australia has lots of visiting Mojos and sent me one she thought was mine.  I mean, its hard to tell--since he's a twin to the one I usually work with!  So now I have TWO Mojos!  I could hear them chatting away over coffee and cookies and comparing their winter escapades.  Mojo#2 came by rocket ship, he beat Mojo#1 to my house!

Stephanie had lots of Mojos visiting and sent most of them home.  She wasn't sure whose they were, so if you're missing your Mojo--watch for him!  

Lori 

10 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Lovely work! And so glad your mojo is back.

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilt and blocks. Happy to hear Mojo is back.

Tired Teacher said...

Ooooh, I've got to remember the Broken Dishes setting you found. I love it.

Sara said...

Loved your post today and it made me chuckle. Double mojo might be dangerous though!

And what a clever layout for those Broken Dishes blocks. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Thanks for the laugh. LOVE your post and glad to hear that your quilting mojo is back!

Katie Z. said...

I'm glad Mojo returned!

sunny said...

Love the quilt with the Broken Dishes. Where in SD are you? i was born and raised in RC.

Cathy said...

Go Mojo!!

I really do like that Broken Dishes layout. How unusual and fun!

Magpie Sue said...

What a fun post. And thanks for finding and sharing that setting for Broken Dishes blocks. I love it; may want to use it someday!

Gayle Bong said...

Love that quilt. Glad your mojo is back. Maybe one of them extras of Stephanie's is mine. could use it for my sampler classes. Right now I am glad to be out in the woods. Wildflowers blooming like crazy. Enjoy your red scooter!