Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, July 20, 2015
Last night the final seam on the flag was sewn--

Simple quilting to finish I think.  Thank you Kat at Scrapbox Quilts for the pattern/tutorial.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--

3 RSC RED album blocks
3 RSC RED Monkey Wrench/9 Patch Blocks
Embroidery work on Eagle

Its another busy week, summer is going so fast!  I have several album blocks bits sorted and ready to sew.   Nancy said the planning and prep take the most time.  Nancy is an inspiration to me, she's made 64 (? maybe more by now!) QOV.  

Today I'm watching the birds at the feeders, bright sunshine through the window.  I'm going to pull my album bits out and do a little sewing.  

~LORI~ 

6 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

I love the flag banner - wouldn't it make an attractive quilt?

My album blocks have stalled, as I'm still cutting and organizing scraps. Perhaps, I will work on them again today.

Yesterday, I prepared the backing for QOV #70 - the last two will be posted this week. I am thrilled to have surpassed my original goal.

Sara said...

So sharp! That zig zag in the red/white area is such a clever way to make the stripes.

I am enjoying the sunshine today too. Took a walk this morning when I needed a break from work, and had breakfast on my deck. This afternoon I'm working from my family room instead of my basement office because I'm craving this gorgeous sunshine.

Ramona said...

Great flag banner! I'm going to have to look into Kat's tutorial. I make a patriotic quilt each year for my siblings. This would fit the bill nicely! Gorgeous.

Dar said...

Your glad banner is a winner. I like how you quilted it too.

Churn Dash said...

That is a lovely banner. The zigzags make it very striking.

Helen

Nann said...

Nice job on the banner! Hope you can make progress, quilt-wise and otherwise, this week.