Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, July 27, 2015
Last night I finished this album block--


The RSC color this month is red.  There is no red in this block!!  I saw the black fabric with glass headed pins on a clearance table and I had to buy it.  My favorite motif on fabric is polka dots, and these are kinda like polka dots.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

While shopping with Lorri2Rs I bought this little gadget--


It was my favorite color--green.  Usually not one to buy gadgets, this was on sale for $16.  And another 25% off for SENIOR CITIZEN DAY.  It can be either battery powered or plugged into an outlet.  I wound a bunch of bobbins and it worked perfectly.  I hope it holds up, its small and easy use.

Weekly Goals--

Finish red album blocks
Finish patriotic album blocks
Work on flag wall hanging

I'm close to the top of the Queen's list on Stashbusters, #4.  The flag wall hanging has a deadline so its at the top of the "to-do" list.  I may be crowned queen but there will be a week to produce a finish.  This weekend is a Girls Weekend so no sewing.  We're planning antique/junk store shopping, the Omaha Zoo, Penzey's Spices.  Just FUN things!  Maybe no pictures--what happens in Omaha stays in Omaha!!

Its cloudy, humid, and wind gusts.  Not sure if it will blow up a storm or not. 
Chicken is cooking for stir fry, a big bag of broccoli from Costco jumped in my cart last week.  YUM!

Have a great week!

~LORI~

7 comments:

Ramona said...

I, too, love polka dots! Your block looks great. I have seen the bobbin winders, but have not purchased one. Glad you were able to get it on sale!

Sarah said...

the polka dot pins are quite cute and can still count for light blue, right? Oh here's another deadline...I have 5 days to do my red blocks!! LOl

Nann said...

Aren't a couple of those pin heads red? Does that count? LOL! I've enjoyed seeing the progress on your album blocks. The bobbin winder will be handy, I'm sure.

Tired Teacher said...

I have the Side Winder and use it on occasion. I tend to use the winder on my machine more.

Love the album block with the pin fabric!

Churn Dash said...

That's a great block.

A few years ago we did a swap with polka dot fabrics. One woman grumbled the whole time - she hates polka dots. I'm with you, I love them.

Helen

Vic in NH said...

Your pins are so cute! And they read like polka dots, too! Thanks for the review on the sidewinder, very promising.

Miriam said...

I loved my sidewinder. It made it easy to just sit and wind bobbins while watching tv or something. Sadly, my new Pfaff's bobbins don't fit on it so I gave it to the friend I'm teaching to quilt.