Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, October 26, 2015
Lozenge blocks are on my wall--

Lozenges
There are enough lozenges made to set 23x13--or 69x78" without borders.  They've been quite fun to make, especially since I already had the bricks cut.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--

Lozenges
Quilt Milk Way (its waiting for inspiration--its loaded on the Princess)
Album blocks

Its going to be a busy week.  Quilt show Friday-Saturday-Sunday.  I'm taking a class and have all my tiny pieces cut and packed.  Still two quilts to get ready for the quilt show.  And there is the last of the corn to harvest.  On Sunday I played with album blocks--sorting and counting.

65 Album Blocks
65 blocks.  Think I need a few more purple and red and maybe a black block.  Yes, that will round the colors out quite nicely.  I'm still plotting what to add to next year's RSC.  A couple of new blocks may make the cut.  RSC fits in so well with my favorite quilts--SCRAPPY or MULTI FABRIC.  I'm looking forward to setting the blocks I have into tops.  IF I get all my RSC blocks into tops that makes five tops and brings my total of tops to quilt to ten.  I'm shooting for 12 by spring.  Will I make it?  I need to finish two more tops.  There are plenty of UFO block sets to finish.  

Scrappy is my favorite type of quilt to make--what's yours?  Do you have a favorite pattern or color?  Favorite size? 


~LORI~



 
 

3 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Scrappy quilts are the best! Very few vintage quilts were anything but scrappy.

Love all the blocks on your long arm frame.

I'm making more Granny Square blocks and trying to control my scraps before cutting into any new fabric.

Katie Z. said...

You can totally reach 12 by spring! I love scrappy quilts too.

Nann said...

The lozenges look great -- I like the strong light/dark contrast formed by the corners. Now that I have played along with RSC I see possibilities for RSC blocks all over the place!

Scrappy is my favorite, too.