Rainbow Scrappy Saturday

Saturday, October 31, 2015
Did I say I liked brown?  Yes--another brown block--


I fussy cut the flower center from a scrap.  Please see everyone's Rainbow Scrappy Posts at SoScrappy.

Thursday I washed two quilts for the first time.  I used Shout color catchers just in case.  I didn't see any bleeding on the quilt but look at the color catchers--


The three on the left were from a brown quilt, and the two on the right were from a quilt with a purple border.  I never noticed the water containing any dye while washing.  

This week we finished harvest.  It was cold enough I needed the heat on.  But the knob to adjust the temp turns hard.  Too hard for me.  I used a more primitive form of temperature control--


When it was hot I propped the door open a little with my thermos, when it was cold I shut the door!

Liz asked me if I thought 10 years ago I would be able to sit in the combine and read my tablet while waiting. Nope!  I love technology--


My tablet(red cover) plugged in to charge.  Yes, I had TWO coffee cups.  I NEEDED two coffee cups!  Please overlook the dust, no dusting fairy was available.  

I will be at the guild quilt show this weekend.  Lorri2Rs and I are attending the luncheon and I have a class in the afternoon.  Friday I helped hang quilts.  The show is very well organized and it went quickly.  Hats off to the organizers!  

~LORI~

11 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

Enjoy the quilt show and the break from field work.

I use color catchers when washing the Quilts of Valor. I'm amazed how well they work. Sometimes I use them in my regular laundry, too.

Julierose said...

Oh love your brown TAW block so pretty with that center flower...hugs, Julierose

gayle said...

Hurray for the combo of high tech (tablet) and low tech (door prop 'thermostat')!
Those color catchers amaze me.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

That's a very pretty brown block :) I use color catchers after reading about them on someone's blog. I had a quilt with a lot of purple in it and washed it three times as each time the color catchers were catching lots of purple. I'd prewashed the fabric too!

LA Paylor said...

I like those album blocks.

Kate said...

Looking forward to seeing all your Album blocks pulled together. Sometimes it strikes that though we all have quilting in common, we all lead very different lives. I've only seen a combine from a distance.

Nell's Quilts said...

What ever did we do before we discovered those colour catchers? Great little album block. Enjoy the quilt show.

Magpie Sue said...

I've been surprised at what turned up on color catchers I've used too. Some things you expect to bleed don't, and things you think will be fine release all sorts of color. I've learned to use them with quilts that have been washed already too.

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on finishing the harvest. Glad you used those color catchers, wow, what a lot of dye.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hope you enjoyed yourself at the quilt show!! Color Catchers are a quilter's best friend!! Smart thinking to put them in the wash.

Sheila said...

Happy to hear the harvest is finished. Rich brown print in the block. Hope you enjoyed the quilt show : )