Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, October 4, 2015
New numbers this week--

Stash in this week--8.75 yards
Stash in YTD--247.00 yards
Stash out this week--0.0 yards
Stash out YTD--166.0 yards

 

Stash is ahead 81 yards!

Please see everyone's numbers at Patchwork Times.  

I like my numbers.  The purpose of my stash report is to track $$$ spent/fabric bought and used.  Depleting my stash is not the goal, but instead use older fabrics and replace with newer ones.  Stash turnover!  I have at least three tops ready to quilt and enough blocks for five more just from the Rainbow Scrappy Challenge.  Much more than 81 yards! (I don't count fabric out until its a completed quilt, ready to be used.)  I'm also working at using some theme fabrics I've had forever.  At least five quilts from 30's fabrics are done.  Three in progress.  There is still some 30's fabric to use.  Next has been civil war fabrics--I LOVE civil war reproductions.  That leaves a box of batiks.  They are the least loved of my collections.  Not sure what I will make with them.  Its a fairly big box but lots of small pieces.
Do you set goals for quilting??

~LORI~

4 comments:

DeeDee said...

It is always fun to add new fabrics to our collections! Great numbers.My goals are to make a certain number of donation quilts each year and try really, really hard not to start a new quilt until a older one is finished, which doesn't happen as often as I would like. Thanks for sharing.

Sara said...

I do set goals and have one of the same goals as you - to use up older fabrics and finish up some things I've started. But I haven't used up as much as I had hoped at the beginning of the year. I've made a little dent however and that is good. My stash grew this week again but I had a lot of fun on the bus trip shop hop so it's OK.

mereth said...

I don't get in a fuss over the numbers either. I just like to have a rough tally of what I use and what I purchase. I know that I've used heaps this year that can't be counted yet, and when those projects are done the numbers will change dramatically.I count it when the top is finished or the backing made- I don't seem to get much quilting done for myself these days.

Jennifer said...

It sounds like you have a lot going on! Hope you're finding the time you want so that you can continue turning over your stash! I do set goals - loosely. I used to do monthly goals and that worked pretty well for me when my kids were little and I could sew while they napped. Now that they are bigger and I am working more, I don't find as much time or energy, so my goals have gone by the wayside. The upside of that for me is that I have gotten back to cross-stitching, which I also love. It is always a challenge to get through all the things you want to do, isn't it?