Rainbow Scrappy Saturday and Goal Check

Saturday, October 24, 2015
Two brown album blocks--


I love brown and couldn't resist making them.  For a time I debated where I was going with Rainbow Scrappy Challenge but I'm not tired of making album blocks so I'll continue them in 2016.  They are like 9 patches--addictive!  I'm considering other options too.  Life has been hectic here, just normal life and I'm looking forward to things slowing down and being able to pull out all my blocks and sort them into prospective tops.  Thank you Angela for hosting Rainbow Scrappy Challenge!  Please see everyone's RSC posts at SoScrappy.

Weekly Goals--

More Lozenges--yes
Quilt Milky Way--no

Not looking like I'll get to Milky Way this week.  Its rained yesterday and today, Ken is hoping it will dry off enough we can continue harvesting corn on Monday.  Today I did errands--we were out of things like light bulbs, laundry soap, hand soap. etc etc!  Tonight I worked on my entries for the quilt show next weekend.  While reading the guild newsletter I read that each quilt needed a label.  WHAT??  Whew--not a permanent label--but one that is sewn on with the name of the quilt and the quilter.  I quickly wrote on small rectangles of white fabric with my sharpie gel pen and whipped stitched them on with raw edges.  Its to identify your quilt when dropping off and picking up--there is a  triplicate form for each quilt and they're required to release your quilts after the show.  Its been a good year for finishing quilts here.  Before I thought too closely I entered 13 quilts.  EGADS!!!  Where was my brain??!  One afternoon was spent checking for loose threads etc.  11 quilts are ready to go in white garbage bags, folded so the label is on top.  Now I just have to find a packhorse to help me get them to the quilt show.  

The weather is definitely like fall.  Windy, wet, and damp.  The leaves are falling like crazy and soon all the trees will be naked.  Winter is when I finish quilts, do you have any winter goals??  

~LORI~

16 comments:

Katie Z. said...

13 quilts? Yowzers!

We'll happily take your wet and damp if you're through with it. Our last storm was supposed to be a dumper, and we didn't even get .1".

Mari said...

Love the blue center in that block at the left. If you've done 13 quilts it sounds like you've already met a winter goal. My only goal for this winter is to make it through!

Nell's Quilts said...

Wow! Thirteen quilts ready for the show! And more finishes planned for the winter months! Just how many do you make in a year? Can't begin to imagine!

The album blocks make up into such a lovely quilt. We haven't had the big rains here but the frosts and early morning dew make for a damp start to every day.

LA Paylor said...

ugh, labels and sleeves... not the most fun you'll have but necessary. LeeAnna

Tired Teacher said...

Good job on entering 13 quilts in the show. I wish I lived closer so I could attend.

I've been making more Album Blocks, too. I have a quilt set made and enough cut for another set of blocks. I am determined to control my scraps.

Still no hard frost here, which is totally unheard of in this area, normal frost is in mid-September.

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE those BROWN album blocks (and good luck at the quilt show!!)

scraphappy said...

13 quilts. Oh my! Hope it goes well. Love the album block progress.

gayle said...

Thirteen? Oh my is right! I don't manage to finish 13 in a decade...
I always enjoy your album blocks. I can see where they would be addictive!

PaulaB quilts said...

The brown blocks have those nice little sparks in the middle, which do show well on the photo. Congrats on thirteen quilts actually finished and entered. Wish,we,could all see the show.

Kate said...

Beautiful Album blocks. Enjoy the quilt show.

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the quilt show, if your albums blocks are anything to go by you should do well

Deb A said...

13 quilts! Yikes. Good luck at the show.

Kathy's A Quilter said...

your contribution will make a fabulous addition to your guild show. Congrats on being such a good rule follower and making those labels. The organizers will love you for that. Enjoy your show, and oh btw...those brown blocks are luscious.

Sara said...

Wow - 13 quilts entered into the show! Is this the Sioux Falls guild show?

Cathy said...

Is there an echo in here? 13 quilts? Oh, my!
And maybe next year the album block quilt will be an entry!

Sheila said...

Love those blocks. Wow. 13 quilts. Wish I could go to that quilt show.