Motivation Friday

Friday, December 4, 2009
Almost forgot to post! This week I was going to quilt the 9 patches--yup, got that done!


Not the best picture, but after I get the binding made and on I will try to remember to take another. This was a quilt-a-long with crazymomquilts.

I plan to be a "binding queen" over the weekend, so should catch up on those goals. And I have a customer quilt loaded on the long arm--so things are looking good.

Remember a few days ago I was rootling in my sewing room looking for a book? I never found the book, but instead I found these----

Yes, more 9 patches! I think these were from an internet swap several years ago, and decided I would set them similarly to the tan 9 patches, but stagger them. I am using some pale peach fabric for sashing. It's going to be a big quilt, I think without any borders it close to 90x100". I think there are 86-8" nine patches. I like 9 patches, and I like them best set in straight rows marching down my bed. This will make another UFO gone, stash used up, and a quilt finished. Now if I could just find my book!

5 comments:

Stephanie D said...

I like 9-patches, too--the scrappier, the better!

Julie Renee Holland said...

Boy, you have been busy! Just reading about all the quilts you have finished recently makes me tired! They are beautiful!

Jeanne said...

The nine patches look great! I sort of got behind on my pile.

Amanda Jean said...

I really love 9 patches, too. Your quilts look great!!!

MightyMom said...

ooooo I like them staggered. I thought they were left overs from the finished quilt!! and what is that border fabric?

bind on binding queen