White Christmas

Saturday, December 26, 2009


Blowing drifting snow. Lots of it. I'm ready for spring. Christmas celebration was short, the weather was awful. Even though we had less than a mile to drive in town, it was 4 wheel drive--pray you didn't get hung up! We had so much snow in front of our house that work sent a 4 wheel drive to pick up Ken and his night co-workers--and it got stuck and had to be shoveled out. We are supposed to go to Laura Beth's tomorrow, but depending on how things go and road conditions, I'm not sure if we will be able to leave. sigh Here is a picture of the snow heading off my deck--the snow drifted up on my deck, Ken has removed most of it. You go down the steps directly into a snowbank.

8 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Hmmmmmmmm.....those snowbanks look familiar...where have I seen them? Oh, yeah, there are some just like them around my house!!! LOL Our street finally got plowed about 5pm. The wind came up again & I wouldn't be at all surprised if the street is blocked again by morning. The kids are coming for Christmas dinner so I may have to call the town again to open it. That'll make me feel like a real pest since I already called today.

Vicki W said...

ought my 14" was a lot of snow! Holy smokes, that is a ton of snow! I hope you get out before March.

JuJu said...

Looks like Lincoln!! We don't have the drifts around our home like that! Hubby has cleared the driveway 2 times and I noticed that his tracks are now covered, again with new snow. Another inch coming down overnight, but what is an inch at this point? I-80 is still closed between Lincoln and Omaha!

pdudgeon said...

wow! looks like you've got somewhere between 2-3 feet of snow out there. that's enough for a real snowball fight and some snow people to boot.

best cure for snow blues is to rummage thru your Spring fabrics. now that will bring a smile to your face!

Brenda said...

So no riding your bike right now!!!

I wish we would get that much snow - we really desperatly need it. And when we do get it, it blows like yours has!! some fun isn't it.

Have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! See you in 2010!!

Mary-Kay said...

Yup! It looks like snow to me and I hope it all stays there. But we now have a little bit of snow and I'm praying it melts tonight. All of it!

Tanya said...

Wow! Some snow!! I haven't lived in snow like that for years and years! I don't think I could do it. I could hardly walk let alone drive when snowy weather hit. I might get a lot of quilting done...

MightyMom said...

I told you you could keep your snow!! what'd you go and send it back to me for???

so, you snowed in till April?