Design Wall and Monday Goals

Monday, November 14, 2011
I have this Scrappy Blue Bargello on the wall.   So far border fabric hasn't jumped out and screamed "USE ME USE ME".  

Scrappy Blue Bargello
There isn't any of that blue left.  I'm sure I'll find something.  

All the blue "25 in 25" blocks are done.  Next is to do math for the sashing and borders.  I did a little quilting, a QOV is on the long arm.  Not much to see, but I was playing with the camera trying to take pictures of the quilting.
Waterworld on QOV
Its a simple pantograph---Waterworld by Jodi Beamish using tan thread. 
Goals for this week---

  1. Finish Petey quilt binding
  2. Finish quilting QOV
  3. Load another top

I still have a crick in my neck, and added one in my left arm and shoulder.  Nothing new--I've had it before.  Yesterday we carried most the camper "stuff" in and I've been sorting and putting away.  Found two more cake mixes!   

Lots of errands this week, won't be much time for sewing.  







13 comments:

Nancy said...

As usual, you have some beautiful projects in the works.

Judy D in WA said...

Love your Use Me, Use Me! ;o)

That is one of my favorite pantos. It always looks good! You have some great things going on. Good luck with your plans.

Elaine Adair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
carol fun said...

Good looking bargello quilt- I do love that pattern for scraps. And your quilting is so pretty -- good luck with all the projects in the works!

Elaine Adair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine Adair said...

(If I could spell correctly the first time, and the second time, I wouldn't have to delete my misspelled posts!)
----------

You used that great "trick" of using one fabric to coordinate all the colors. Border? I'm seeing a lot of one light, then maybe a narrow darker outer border. Usually I tend to use DARK, but not this time. Just my opinion. It will be fun to see what you come up with. Be sure to post it please. 8-)

Mary said...

That is a great all-over pattern, I like the waves and swirls.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

You're always such a busy lady..even with cricks in your neck & shoulder. I really like the bargello with the blue centers. It's been at the back of my mind to try something like that...and it's STILL at the back of my mind. :) Waterworld is a nice panto pattern and I think it will be part of an order soon...getting a little tired of the pantos I have. Hope the neck & shoulder soon feel better.

P.S. How many cakes did you plan to bake while you were in the camper??? LOL

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Love your Scrappy Trips Around the World~been seeing lots on Block Lott so now I want to make one too!

Thanks for showing the close up of the panto. Always great to *see* how one looks on a quilt!

Denise :) said...

I love this! Very fun and scrappy. I like that brightish yellow, too. Have a happy week -- maybe you'll be able to sneak in a little sewing! :)

Nancie said...

Love the blue line in your 25-patch blocks! It's a great scrappy quilt.

Stephanie D said...

That is a beautiful panto--very graceful!

Sheesh! Hope your cricks and creaks all get better soon.

Heather said...

Beautiful! I hope you've made lots of progress this week. I know those cricks in the neck can really slow a person down. I've become very well acquainted with my chiropractor! lol