2012 Guildelines

Monday, January 2, 2012
I've been reading everyone else's 2012 goals.   Thank you to everyone who gave me ideas.  I choose these for me--

Refold/organize ONE cube/spot in my stash per month

Judy's color challenge--make ONE block for my sample block stash

Work on ONE ufo per month and move it one more step to completion.  (add borders, set blocks into a top, etc)

Any piece of stash less than 9" wide goes into the scrap box to be recut into usable units--noodles, 3.5" x 6.5" bricks, 5" charms.  

Buy a tool/gadget box.  I need to keep them together and on a shelf.

Finish a UFO before starting a new project


I made a list of 10 UFOs I want to finish in 2012-
  1. Sunny Lanes
  2. 4 Patch Posey
  3. Raggy Edge Flowers
  4. "Two Lips"
  5. Sister's Choice
  6. Scrappy 9 patch
  7. Navy blue Irish chain
  8. Anita's Arrowhead
  9. Kids quilt kits (2)
  10. Blue/white Jacob's ladder
I plan to participate in Design Wall Mondays, Stashbuster's UFO Challenge, and other internet fun.  Even Stash reports!  I may not post to each one every week--but I enjoy them. 

I plan to make quilts for donation and some for family.  I realized its been a long time since we've had a new quilt on our bed.  

I will participate in internet fun.  

I will remind myself its the PROCESS I love the most!


4 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Make sure you keep us updated on all the Internet fun you have! Your year sounds like it will be exciting!

Nancy said...

You have some wonderful goals for 2012.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

That all sounds very ambitious. Your 2012 is going to be busy.

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Love your snow header. Does that mean you have snow in SD? Your goals are ambitious, but sounds like you have thought about it. Good Luck!