Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, January 2, 2012
First week of the new year!  I've picked my game plan for 2012 and I'm comfortable with most of it.  

Last week I wanted to complete 10 more Anita's Arrowhead blocks.  I'm not there, but I'm half way through 25.  No design wall--but I do have a table.

25 Anita's Arrowhead blocks
Yesterday I made an quick trip to JoAnn's to buy fabric for bassinet sheets--Mason and I sewed them up tonight.  Its been a long time since I sewed with a wiggly child on my lap.  We used my machine that does zig zag and other stitches--Mason ran the forward and reverse--we practiced numbers by finding the right ones (lucky I picked ones like "4" and "1" and not "37").  So those numbers will be on next week's stash report--2 yards in, 2 yards out!

2012 is going to be all about enjoying life.  Time for a new cutting blade, oiling the machine, and a new needle.  Pull out your patterns, pour your coffee, find your chocolate--we're off!



7 comments:

Pokey said...

Oh, I do remember sewing with a little one...on your lap, sitting at your feet, reorganizing the pincushion, shaking the button box...
I bet you enjoyed yourself. Mason may become a sew-er!
:-}pokey

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a good helper! I love the 2012 philosophy. That is a great resolution.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I like the part about the chocolate....

Brenda said...

I totally agree!! I have the patterns, the fabrics and the ambition - now to just get them all together in the same room....!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! And that post sounds like a great start to great memories and lots of fun seiwng ahead!!!
Can the coffee have Bailey in it, or should I just eat the chocolate instead?? lol!

Kathie said...

Definitely like that pour some coffee and find the chocolate. Hey, how about chocolate coffee!!

Unknown said...

Love your philosophy for 2012. I think I might adopt it.

Susan said...

Good goal, enjoying life. =) I like this block, but you're going to making a lot of them!