Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, July 16, 2012
I've been working on these blocks---

Merry-Go-Round by Sandy Klop

It uses 2.5" strips and is scrappy--perfect!  A box of noodles is waiting on the couch.  You can buy the Marry-Go Round pattern here with free shipping.

Last week I bought a dozen Kona solids.  I had seen this pattern in McCalls-America Makes Fast Quilts magazine.

Simply Solids by Heidi Pridemore
So simple--5" charms with a neutral strip.

Weekly Goals--

  1. Birds in Air blocks
  2. Rainbow Scrappy Blue blocks
  3. Merry Go Round blocks
  4. Simply Solids blocks 
  5. Sister's Choice blocks

The weather is hot HOT HOT!  I'm staying inside and sewing.  

What's planned for your week?



4 comments:

carol fun said...

Hi Lori - I love that scrappy Merry-go-round top - I want to make one of these some day real soon. And your Simply Solids quilt is very striking -simple and bold! Try to stay cool -I'm hunkered down in the basement with the fan going and a tall glass of ice water. Too hot here too!

Elaine Adair said...

Keeeeuttteeee! My kind of design.

Hot, hot, hot here as well. Basement is a good place - lucky to have it - glad we decided to make it a livable space and reasonably pleasant!

Try to stay cool!

Nancy said...

The Merry-Go-Round is lovely. I love scrappy quilts, and this one is perfect.

My house is closed for the day - windows shut and blinds pulled; hopefully, the house will stay a comfortable temperature.

Sara said...

I really love those scrappy merry-go-round blocks. So fun!

My week involves just working as always. However, since the coming weekend is going to be so miserably hot, and my husband will be gone to a golf tournament - I have the whole weekend to sew in peace and quiet. Can't wait.