Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, July 30, 2012
Over the weekend I worked on the Simply Solids project.  

Its hanging sideways over the top of another quilt that has pink borders.    I've added another row and made it two blocks wider.   Twin size maybe.  The rows are now all numbered and pressed--ready to sew into a top.  It was a very quick and easy project.

Weekly Goals--

  1. sew Simply Solids together
  2. more Merry Go Round blocks 
  3. sew more Trip Around the World rows together
I took these pictures from the Visitor Center a few days ago.  See the tour buses??


I like this picture better--more perspective.


It looks like the buses are driving off the cliff! 

I have a few days off from volunteering and plan to sew and veg.   What are your plans for the week?

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I love how the Simply Solids is coming together. Very nice.

Enjoy your time off: I hope you have the opportunity to do lots of sewing.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great solids, I love the bright colours.

Anonymous said...

I like that Simply Solids. That's going to be great - and the pink around it looks great! I like the view of the water, too. I didn't realize there was water there!

ytsmom said...

Love the picture of lantana in your header! Hope you've been blessed with some rain; we got .35 last night. Hope more will follow!!

Henrietta said...

This would be a great quilt for a small boy. Bright and totally non frou-frou.