Motivation Saturday

Saturday, July 14, 2012
Its going to get HOT today!  100F+  The Visitor Center is a good place to be when its hot.  Today is the first day of Paddlefish archery season.  

Paddlefish Archery
Look closely and you can see the bows and arrows.  Paddlefish have a strange "bill".  They do not bite on a hook, they sieve out microscopic plants and animals.  They can grow very large.

(Photo from Internet)

I've done quite a bit of sewing so far this week.  More of the Trip Around the World rows are sewn together.  More Rainbow Challenge blocks are cut.   Prepped a hand applique block.  Tomorrow is a day off--I'm staying inside where its cool and plan to SEW  (and nap, and read.......) 

How did you spend your week? 


2 comments:

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Lori,
You share some of the most educational and novel posts. I never knew anything about how to capture those strange looking paddlefish. Do people catch them to eat?

Nancy said...

I, too, enjoy reading about your adventures at the dam and visitor's center.

Today, was a good day to sit and read. So much so that I fell asleep in my favorite chair.