Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, April 15, 2013
All the blocks to the Scrappy Trip Around the World (done with controlled color repeats ala Carol) are made---


Some of the blocks need to be moved but I think the pattern is showing up quite well--what do you think??  It doesn't use any background fabric and you can make this entirely from stash so its a keeper for a pattern.  See what everyone else has on their wall at Patchwork Times.

The last week I've been working sewing binding on the quilted tops.  


I've added two more to the pile tonight--that makes seven.

Weekly Goals--
  1. Two crib sheets 
  2. Two bibs
  3. Borders on DeeDee's Star (yes--I KNOW I've been procrastinating)
  4. Load another top on the Princess
  5. Play with Rainbow Scrappy Blocks--this month the color is GREEN
That's enough for this week.  Weatherman says we might have another winter storm (BUMMER).   I'm ready to pack the camper--but somehow the snowbanks dampen my enthusiasm.  Maybe in another week or so.  Is spring EVER going to arrive?? 

20 comments:

Missy Shay said...

Your quilt is looking great! I can't wait to finish mine!

Rhonda said...

Love your trip quilt. You can see the design very well.

Brenda said...

looks great

Sue Daurio said...

The scrappy trips are amazing! I love the pattern you have going with them.

Mel said...

I love your scrappy trip around the world. I want to do something like this with bonus hst.

Jo said...

I've been wanting to a scrappy trips...someday, someday.

Gari in AL said...

Just yesterday I printed the directions for a scrappy Trip and now your picture is inspiring me to get busy on it. That and a log cabin are the two quilt patterns that pushed me into quilting.

kwiltnkats said...

Lori, Your Scrappy Trips... is looking terrific. I love how you added the controlled RED. Is your 2.5"? I have seen it made up in 2" and would definitely make my second one up in that size. Hope you have a critter baby to join you when you bind. Sandi

Judy D in WA said...

I love you scrappy trips! Makes me want to pull out my bin and make another one. Great to do list. Love your pile of quilts.

Sara said...

The scrappy trip quilt is looking terrific. Very pretty!

Nothing on my design wall this week - I have 3 workshops to faciliate and then headed to my daughter's house to just be a grandma for a few days.

Quilter Kathy said...

Looks fantastic! Love all the yellows you included!

Chris said...

The quilt looks great. I started my scrappy trip yesterday. I hope it turns out as good.

Nancy said...

Scrappy Trip is fabulous!

It's snowing here right now - horizontal stuff. How I wish it would rain instead of SNOW!

carol fun said...

It looks FABULOUS! I love this pattern so much....I started a 3rd one. Can't get enough. Hope you have a great week!

Mary said...

Love the controlled way of doing the Scrappy Trips. Looking good on the wall today!

Kate said...

Love your Scrappy Trips!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

You are making progress! I love the layout of the scrappy trips - great job!

Rhonda R. said...

Wow! You've been busy. I need to take a page out of your book and sew some bindings so I have handwork in the evenings. Nice job getting so much done.

Katie Z. said...

Your quilt looks fabulous!

pdudgeon said...

i'm having sympathy shivvers with your cold weather today--can't get my feet warm for some reason. But something good will come out of those cold feet--i've moved my Springtime flannel quilt to the top of the line as the next quilt to be cut and pieced; even ahead of the pink and chocolate Trip quilt that i had waited to start, my feet were THAT cold! Just hope i have enough flannel stashed.
bundle up and keep warm, Lori, the cold can't last much longer!