Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, April 1, 2013
April showers bring May flowers!  Meet Miss April--


Miss April with the dreaded borders
Raggy edge applique flower blocks on yellows from an online swap many years ago.   Each flower was sliced into quarters and then randomly reassembled  Leaves sewn on after the blocks were sewn together.  I stalled on the borders--I need to miter them and its not a favorite method.  But--I SHALL get them on this month.  Perhaps pulling it out again will provoke spring weather.   See everyone's design walls at Patcwork Times.

Weekly Goals--
  1. Last border on Little Boxes
  2. Load another quilt
  3. Trace two more Cherry Tree blocks
  4. Sew one binding on SOMETHING
  5. One yoyo center
Today is Ruby the Quilting Dog's birthday--she's 13 yo today.   I've always wanted her to "play ball" but she looked at me like I was crazy.  What a surprise a few days ago when I rolled the ball across the floor (yes, I'm still trying) and she brought it back.  Twice.  Maybe she's decided to humor me.  I'm going to keep trying.  

Do you do this?  I have an online dictionary/thersaurus/quote bookmark on my toolbar.   When I used the work "provoke" in my post--I first used "prompt".  But it didn't sound quite right.  

Provoke--Verb--cause to happen, cause an action

Yes, I think "provoke" was a better choice.  I'm influenced by my maternal grandmother (crosswords and scrabble) and my high school English teacher.  



8 comments:

Howdy said...

If you don't still have my address please let me know... I'll be waiting for those flowers to arrive here! Gosh I love that... LOL At the very least let me know what the pattern is - I have to add that to my list of things to do! That is very pretty - maybe we just need to see something bright and cheerful after this long dreary entry into spring.

pdudgeon said...

That looks like a very 'do-able' list that you've set up for April.
and a very Happy Birthday to Ruby the quilting dog!
love the yellow flower quilt--it really looks like Spring.

Cheryl in Friendsville said...

I think I need to make a spring flower quilt to provoke spring to arrive! It's snowing right now as I look out the window!

Sara said...

If that cute flower quilt doesn't bring spring to South Dakota, nothing will. Something about it makes me think of antique quilts - maybe that pretty yellow background. This will be a stunner!

Sherrill said...

I started one of those raggedy flower quilts a LONG time ago--wonder what happened to it? HA Love yours on the yellow.

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

I am not a yellow hater, but I just don't use it often. This quilt top is helping to change my thinking. Thanks for sharing.

Lois (AKA Onnie) said...

Love you flowers. Very nice. Our dog taught us to fetch. She brings you her toy and bothers you to infinity until you throw it.

Suzanne said...

Very nice..makes me feel like Spring is almost here.