Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, December 2, 2013
All this quilt needed was corner setting triangles, its now ready to quilt.

Brown Diamonds
I've been preparing tops to quilt.  I store the top, backing, and binding in these clear storage bags.  I pin the measurements to the top so I don't have to remeasure to cut the batting.

Ready to Quilt
Four tops ready to quilt, three tops waiting for backing and one top needing binding.  Black Friday I bought wide backing on special, enough for two backings.  I also bought 8 yards of plain navy fabric, its background for a quilt planned for next year using my 30's repros.  I also bought a jelly roll and 1 yd of fabric for binding.  So this is also a belated Sunday Stash Report--

In this week--16 yds
Out this week--0
In YTD--149 yds
Out YTD--114.5 yds

Stash is ahead--34.5 yds!

Looks bleak you say!! NAY!!  There are eight tops ready to quilt!  I'm very very happy with my stash report.  

Weekly Goals--
  1. Load a quilt
  2. Sew more Merry Go Round Rows together
  3. Make brown binding
Never underestimate an old toy.  Asher pushed this duck toy through my in-laws house in a big circle--25 times.  Then--he turned and went the other way--another 17 times.  Yes, we counted.  The last few rounds he drug the duck, I think it was dead!!


Please see everyone's posts at Patchwork Times blog.

9 comments:

Sara said...

that duck toy looks like the wooden toys my neighbor used to make when I was a kid. I still have one that has little chickens bobbing on a paddle. Asher definitely must have loved it.

I like your organizational method. I have a top, a backing, and binding sitting on my cutting table. It needs a bag for storage.

Katie Z. said...

He's so big!

I'm looking forward to the finished quilts. Good going!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Yup - always keep the classic old toys because kids still love them today! I think you have a great stash report - good to buy necessary fabric on sale and sounds like you have a plan for all of it anyway - and lots of quilts waiting their turn to be quilted! Glad you had a good harvest and now have some time to play! Cheers! Evelyn

Nancy said...

I remember my nieces and nephews playing with the duck toy as well as one that had balls that popped around a plastic dome. Good memories.

Mary-Kay said...

I wonder if Asher got 10,000 steps in. Aren't grandkids great! I like your organization on your quilt tops. Now to get them all quilted. When you are done quilting those, you could start on my tops. I only have about 20 or so in the pile.

Needles, Fabric, Chisels, and Wood…Life is GOOD! said...

Thanks for providing me with a few moments of wishful thinking. Dec. 13 might be a good day to do some quilting. Classes will be finished!!!

Anonymous said...

The duck story is funny! I really like your brown diamonds quilt. You've been busy. I don't think your stash report is bad at all! I'm thinking I should do it in 2014 because I have no money to add to the stash. LOL

Elaine Adair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elaine Adair said...

(this time with no typos)

YOU are just what I needed today, while the wind is whipping, and the thermometer is again heading to waaaaay below zero, your blog is so cheerful, colorful, and just plain "ful" of all good things. Thank you, as I sit here in my t-shirt, sweater, jacket and hat, trying to NOT feel the cold.

The house quilt looks pretty inviting - and the colors look a lot like a WIP on my design living room floor (photos one of these days). 8-))

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

December 9, 2013 at 6:44 PM Delete