Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, December 30, 2013
This is what I've been working on--


Trail Mix and Mt Hood blocks.  The 9 patches for Summer at the Lake are made and labeled in baggies.  


 I thought 170+ 9 patches would make a dent in the 30's stash but no such luck.


This is only part of what's left.  Maybe one more quilt from this box and I will put it away for a while.  See everyone's design wall at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals--
  1. Load and quilt a top
  2. finish binding Tilted Rails quilt
  3. Trail Mix blocks
  4. Mt Hood blocks
Weekly goals keep me organized.   Some people use yearly goals, or monthly goals, or goals that include numbers or lists they cross off.  What works for you??

 



7 comments:

Nancy said...

My goodness, your machine must be smoking!

Great progress on your projects.

Anonymous said...

Like you, I am usually surprised at how little my stash shrinks as I finish a project--that in spite of needing more fabric than I expected to complete it! Go figure.

Weekly goals don't motivate me; if something better comes up, I find them easy to ignore. Now deadlines, on the other hand...

Ramona said...

Your blocks are so pretty. And I am convinced fabric multiplies in the piles and cabinets. I decided I'm setting goals for myself this year... hopefully it will help keep me focused. Happy New Year!

Moneik said...

I like to do monthly and yearly goals. They keep me focused. I also tend to have weekly goals, which are undocumented. I know in my head what "needs" to be done and what I would like to do.

Sara said...

I really love 1930s fabrics but haven't used many of the ones in my stash. But I sure enjoy looking at them on the shelf next to my cutting table.

I did monthly goals in 2013 and I do think it helped me focus on finishing things up. My plan is to move one thing to the flimsy stage every month from the "barely started" list. We'll see how I do.

pdudgeon said...

must confess, i've gotten to the 'easily distracted by the new stuff' stage in my quilting life.
as a result i have fabric and patterns set aside for planned quilts that are going on 5 years old.
last year i did go thru those boxes and cull a few so only the good ones are left. I still haven't figured out how to ignore the new stuff, however.

Katie Z. said...

I like lists, usually weekly or daily, to check things off and keep me busy! ; )