Design Wall Monday and Weekly Goals

Monday, March 14, 2016
These blocks were hiding in a cupboard--


No idea where I was going with these.  Please see everyone's design wall posts at Patchwork Times.

Weekly Goals
 
Sew more Alletaire
Work on Binding
Bricks and Stepping Stones 4 patches
Load a top on the Princess
Work on April class projects 
Sister's Choice Blocks
 
Most of last week's goals didn't happen.  Thursday -- Sunday was spent with the Laura Beth, Nick, and the boys.   So my goals are a repeat!  A few pics from the weekend--


Maxwell turned one last week.  He is always happy and cheerful!


Asher baked some BLUE cupcakes.  Grandma realized the bright blue batter would stain his shirt, (honestly, how can you expect a little boy to lick the bowl and NOT get batter on his shirt) it was in the laundry after being treated with stain remover.  You can buy cake mixes in BRIGHT colors and they make 12 cupcakes--perfect size for little boys to make.


Grandma premade the frosting, the boys added the sprinkles.  It was a fun, easy, and quick project.  Mason made the red ones--but somehow I forgot to get a picture of him. 


It was warm enough on Saturday to eat on the deck. 
 
The only sewing I did all weekend was patch 10 pairs of little boys jeans!  I seriously considered sneaking out to buy new ones.  Maxwell will never get them as hand me downs unless they end up as shorts.  
 
The weather is cool again and very foggy.  Unusual for South Dakota--we seldom have fog.  Possible rain showers all week and maybe SNOW.  I think SNOW is a four letter word just like COLD.  
 
I love Dove chocolates.  Especially these--
 
 Not sure if they are a promo flavor for St. Patrick's Day but they are OMG good!  And they have sayings in them JUST FOR QUILTERS--


Did they see my Ribbon Twist quilt??

~LORI~
 

6 comments:

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

I agree with you on the four-letter words!

Cute grandsons--enjoy them before they get older & too busy to hang out with Grandma.

Tired Teacher said...

I haven't seen the bright cupcake mixes, but I'll look for them now. Good to see that the boys enjoyed baking, decorating, and eating their treats.

It's snowing in the mountains today and it will probably make its way down to the valley by tonight or tomorrow. The wind has been howling all day.

Tamera said...

Looks like you had fun! I'm going to have to look for those Dove chocolates! I LOVE dark chocolate and mint.

Sara said...

Those boys are so cute! They are a great reason to set aside your sewing goals for a few days and it sure looks like you ALL had fun together.

I drove 70 miles this morning in that pea-soup fog. Not a pleasant experience. I don't enjoy white knuckle driving. But I keep reminding myself that fog is better than a blizzard this time of year.

Nann said...

Cake Stands and cupcakes in one post! How big are the blocks? What popped into my head was to alternate them with hourglass blocks so that the dark triangles in the hourglass blocks are next to the light-background cake stands, and vice versa.

Anonymous said...

Fun little blocks and adorable little boys! Looks like you had fun!