Rainbow Scrappy Saturday--Purple

Saturday, March 19, 2016
Another week rolls around--


Six purple Jacob's Ladder blocks. (the HST are purple fabrics). Please see everyone's purple projects at SoScrappy.

This week has been like swimming in jello--I have a head cold.  Alletaire's blocks are all sewn together--


Next are borders.  First I'll recheck my stash, but I think I'll need to purchase some red.  

A new project has been started--Barn Dance QAL.  This week I made eight 12" blocks.  There even are a couple purple ones!


My background will be scrappy neutrals, just not WHITE WHITE.  Whatever I find.  These traditional vintage blocks speak to me.  Loudly! MakeMeMakeMeMakeMeMakeMeMakeMe!!

Its sewing weekend for the Iowa Ladies.  I didn't want to share my germs so I'm sewing along from home.  I MISS THEM!!!  Never pass an opportunity to sew with friends.

~LORI~ 

16 comments:

Vic in NH said...

So sorry that you're still swimming in jello. In spite of it all, you've put up some beautiful blocks and your Allietare is to die for it's so gorgeous. Please get some extra rest!

Deb A said...

Oh now, head colds are the worst. Hope sewing is a good remedy today despite not being with friends. Pretty churn dash blocks.

Alison V. said...

Feel better soon! Your Alletaire is lovely. :)

Cathy said...

Sorry to hear you're sick; "swimming in jello" is no fun. Feel better soon! I love your Allietare quilt! Happy National Quilting Day!

Peggyinno said...

Colds are no fun. Hope you are feeling better as each day goes by.
I love how scrappy your Jacob's Ladder blocks are! And your Allietaire is outstanding! You did good this week!!

Nell's Quilts said...

No fun having a cold in the spring - at any time. Get well soon. Jacob's ladder is one of my favourite blocks. They look lovely all purple and scrappy. The Allietare quilt is beautiful.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Feel better soon ... the hole in the barn door blocks are going to make a very fun quilt!

Quilting Tangent said...

Feel better, love your Jacob's ladder. Starting following you on Bloglovin'.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Not bad progress for having a cold!! Hoping you will feel better soon. (Maybe when the mail arrives in a few days.)

PaulaB quilts said...

I hope you are coming out of the jello by now, with a better week ahead. Love the Jacob's Ladder blocks, so scrappy and colorful, but the main design stands out very clearly. You've done a great job this week.

scraphappy said...

Some blocks do speak more loudly than others. I'm sure you could hear even through all the jello.

Katie Z. said...

I love the barn dance QAL today. I think after I get a few more quilts off my chore list, I'll start it!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love those Jacob's ladder blocks! They make such a neat pattern when put together!

Sara said...

Love those Barn Dance blocks. Another showcase block for a scrappy look. That will be a stunning quilt. Star blocks are the ones that speak to me the loudest.

Feel better soon!

gayle said...

I hope you feel better soon! I just got over a two week bout with a cold, so I know what you mean about the jello.
I always love your Jacob's Ladders, and that QAL looks like fun. Now I have to shut my eyes so I don't start thinking about starting more projects...

Sally Trude said...

What a wonderful bunch of blocks with such great fabrics. Hope you're feeling well soon.