Rainbow Scrappy Saturday

Saturday, March 12, 2016
No purple blocks this week but I finished a quilt from my 2013 RSC--


30's fabrics with a soft vine print for sashing.  Wide backing dyed a soft pink and quilted using an off white on top and a variegated pastel on the back--


Its quilted using a panto called "Delicious".  Its a nice change--apples, leaves, and small simple flowers.  Reminds of 30's style, soft and whimsical.  84x104" and I estimate 16 yards.   Please see everyone's purple posts at SoScrappy.

~LORI~

11 comments:

Alison V. said...

This is so lovely! Way to finish a WIP!

Vic in NH said...

Delicious, indeed! The whole quilt radiates the soft colors and deep crinkling of an heirloom quilt. Congratulations on a fine finish!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on you newly completed quilt. It was DEFINITELY worth the wait!!

Mari said...

Pretty! Congratulations on a great finish. What is the name of that block? It turned out great!

LA Paylor said...

How pretty it looks!
LeeAnna

swooze said...

Love your quilt. You've shown a few this week I'd like to do.

Angie said...

Such a great scrappy quilt block - lovely finish!

Cathy said...

Congrats on the lovely finish - and some 30s bin busting. I haven't been in my bin for quite some time. I do have a couple of these same blocks in there, though. Now that I see how wonderful they look in a quilt I might have to dig out that UFO.

Nell's Quilts said...

What a beautiful finish. The quilting pattern is lovely - apple blossoms and apples.

Katie Z. said...

I love it! You did a great job.

PaulaB quilts said...

A lovely traditional finish and the quilting is just right for the look of it. Too bad all your helpers were too shy to show their faces. Give them a thank you, please.