Motivation Friday

Friday, September 9, 2016
Hah--not much sewing this week!  I did get Apple Crisp and another top to the "needing borders" stage.  The Lime Green Dinosaurs are that far too. 

Its been more SHOPPING than anything!  Tuesday we went to Heart & Hand in Sioux City, I had the print below but needed a narrow border and a binding. 




The purple will be the narrow inner border and the brown the binding.

Last week Lorri2Rs and I shopped at Four Seasons in Yankton.  They had the perfect fabric--


Look at those chocolates and raspberries!  I love it!  Perfect for a new start called "Chocolates on my Pillow" by Mimi Dietrich.  It uses browns, pinks and cream.  Won't that fabric be perfect for borders??



 Recently #1 Grandson had his eighth birthday--from this--


to this--


From peanut size to an electric scooter!  Happy 8th Birthday Mason!!


 Maxwell (Grandson #3) is growing like a weed too!  

The requisite "bug" photo--



We don't see them that often but there was a walking stick outside the Visitor Center on a bench.

And Ken, doing what he loves best, eating a burger at Red Robin--


Ken helped Don with his awning the other day--


Don is the one on his hands and knees.  

And that has been the week so far!

~LORI~

2 comments:

Tired Teacher said...

The chocolates fabric makes my mouth water just looking at it. Yes, it I'll be a perfect border print!

I love the purple and brown you selected for the border and binding. Nice job.

Sara said...

I haven't even been in my sewing room this week, but seeing your fabric "goodies" does motivate me to get busy again. Saturday Sampler is tomorrow morning and that always lights a fire under me again.