Rainbow Scrappy Saturday--RED

Saturday, September 10, 2016
This week I made ONE Three Steps Forward block--


Please see everyone's RED posts at SoScrappy

Earlier this summer I bought Dahlia tubers on clearance.  They are starting to bloom--


I wasn't sure they would bloom, it was pretty late when I planted them--


The petals make me think pretty seaweed!  These morning glories were planted very late also--



The white outline on the purple flowers is striking.

Its a busy volunteer schedule, not sure when I'll get to sew. 

~LORI~

 

 

 

10 comments:

Mari said...

Love your block! It looks great in red. And I'm jealous of the morning glories. They're so pretty.

Cathy said...

I love your block - such an interesting pattern, and so crisp in red and white. MAri is jealous of your morning glories, and I am jealous of your dahlias! Your fall garden must be quite beautiful.

Alison V. said...

Your block looks beautiful! I am so happy that it is finally red month. :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Lovely block and stunning flower blooms!!!

Deb A said...

Pretty flowers and a very nice red block.

Katie Z. said...

Ooh, thank you for sharing such lovely photos.

gayle said...

Those dahlias are stunning!
And hurray for red blocks! I've been looking forward to red.

PaulaB quilts said...

Nicely done red block. The dahlias are lovely. I have on friend who got a late start from seed and is holding his breath for blooms on zinnias. Another gal has morning glories as a screen up to her deck railings and lots of blues at the top. I do miss gardening, only have a couple of pots, impatiens and coleus, both doing well. Good luck with your projects and flowers.

Peggyinno said...

Great red block! And those flowers are absolutely beautiful! Enjoy!

Karen's Korner said...

Red and white is always a great colour combo. Love your pretty flowers.