Sunday Stash Report and a Finish

Sunday, September 25, 2016
Oh, I've had fun this week!!  Lorri2Rs and I road tripped.  We went to Missouri Star in Hamilton Missouri.  When we planned the trip we hadn't realized it was their 8th Birthday celebration.  Lots of people and it was SO MUCH FUN!!  FQs were $.88 with a limit of 50.  I made sure we both bought 50!  We stopped at several shops along the way.  2Rs thought for sure I had bought 100 yards but I didn't.  So here are my new numbers--

Stash in 79.25 yards
Stash in YTD 345.00 yards
Stash out--16 yards
Stash out YTD--95 yds
Stash is ahead 234 yds!

Okay--laugh if you must!!  I only paid full price on FOUR yards.  The 74 FQs from Missouri Star @.88.  17 other FQs were on sale, some were $1, some 1.50.  The yardage averaged $4 a yard.  All from sale racks!  I bought "with purpose" and not willy nilly.  (well, there were a few fun purchases).  Lots of black & red for a quilt this winter--my stash lacked those colors, especially black.  I can use gray and dark blue so picked up some of them too.  Lots of browns, I always use brown and it flies out of my stash as fast as it comes in.  And I shopped "boy quilt" borders, binding, and backing.  10 yards was a solid black and 5 yards a dark blue for backgrounds.  (These came in the mail--Country Solids from JoAnns).  I think I am stocked up for now, I can happily sew all winter.  I doubt I'll be in the black at the end of the year but that's okay, my stash had holes in it.  

And I can report a finish for 16 yards--


80X100 for 16 yards.  I will give it as a QOV.  The pattern is Star Struck by Bonnie Hunter--a few pattern.  Thank you Bonnie!  I used just one red but the rest is from my scrap stash.  The whole top was done "point and sew" no drawing of lines.  If you look closely you will find chopped off points or other "personalizations".  Not quite enough of the border fabric so it needed cornerstones.  Controlled color quilts test my patience, I become bored with them.  But--this one is DONE DONE!!  Woohoo!  Please see everyone's stash report at Patchwork Times.

~LORI~

9 comments:

swooze said...

It's lovely. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us.

Tired Teacher said...

Well done, right place, right time. You hit a fabulous sale!

Love your Quilt of Valor and so will the recipient.

Mary-Kay said...

You lucky dog! I want to go to Missouri Star so bad. Next year, I hope. And my stash took a hit too, I added 17.5 yds of flannel which I got for 2.80/yd at Joanns. No frivolous buys, I actually need it.

sunny said...

I've always wanted to get to Missouri Star. Maybe some day. Was there any fabric left when you and 2R's were finished? LOL!

Sara said...

That QOV is stunning!!! Missouri Star is on my bucket list and I'm hoping to make that road trip soon. Sound to me like you had a ball. I've added a bit to my stash this month too, and have no regrets about any of those purchases.

Vic in NH said...

Great looking Starstruck! I would not even have noticed your cornerstones if you hadn't mentioned them, but they are so closely matched to the border. What fun your roadtrip was!

Kate said...

Starstruck turned out beautifully! Filling holes is necessary, I did that for a few years, now I'm trying really hard to mainly sew from stash (well other than the occasional slip of the finger on the computer keys).

Katie Z. said...

Way to go! Intentional shopping is necessary.

Dar said...

So glad to hear you had a blast at MO Star. I was there a few weeks back and there was not big sales like you got. What a load you came home with and with those prices, I don't blame you. Your QOV quilt is awesome. Thank you so much for donating it to QOV. That is so pretty.