Motivation Friday

Friday, June 27, 2008
It must have been fate as I was reading May Britt's blog today and her friend's Merethes challenge to blog every day in July about a photo, a thought, an experience. I was drinking my coffee and pondering my friend's 90th birthday this week, I was wondering--what do you give someone whose 90 years old for a present? What would they wish for? And me, what would I wish for?? And I knew. I would love to visit my mother and grandmother. Probably the two most influential people in my life. I am having moods of nostalgia today, brought on by making potato salad! It makes me remember how much my daughter loves it, how my mother and grandmother always served it for summer family gatherings. So today I am celebrating my childhood memories. Blooming old fashioned yellow shrub roses that smelled so wonderful. Peonies and petunias! Rhubarb pie.

0 comments: