Wednesday Ramblings

Thursday, June 12, 2008
The deck is shaping up nicely, the carpenters are down to the pergola and trellises on the sides. This morning they gave me a shopping list of wood they needed yet, and Ken and I made a quick trip to get it. I don't think it will take them much longer, maybe it will be done by tomorrow.

And I did a little quilting after they left yesterday and finished the quilt on the long arm. I like how it looks, I tried to get a good picture of the back with the solid backing and varigated thread, but it just faded out in the sun and you couldn't see it. Maybe later I can try a shot inside.

It's a beautiful day here, warm without being hot and a nice breeze. The guys teased me when I sat on my deck with my diet pepsi, said "you're supposed to be drinking a beer when you're on your deck!" Maybe iced tea and a hammock??

4 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

So Happy that your deck is coming together nicely. Looks like your weather has cleared up...sunny and beautiful blue skies :)

Kim said...

Tea and a hammock sounds perfect! Glad you are enjoying some nice weather days. What is the design quilted on your latest project?

Stephanie D said...

Looking good! A friend gave me a hammock last year, but I haven't set it up yet. I'm thinking lemonade!

Stephanie D said...

Looking good! A friend gave me a hammock last year, but I haven't set it up yet. I'm thinking lemonade!