Saturday Fun Day

Friday, June 27, 2008
Yesterday I was busy with those things you don't escape, laundry, cooking, cleaning those "unknown" items out of the fridge. But I couldn't leave my tossed salad top alone. I found some GREEN fabric and used it in a border. In that green were scattered tiny periwinkle flowers, so dug in my stash and found some periwinkle blue!! I added just a tiny strip folded and sewn on the green, I think it frames the top and just gives it a finished look. Today I am taking a friend with me to the quilt show, will spend part of the afternoon there and then pick up my quilts at the end. And today is the drawing for the raffle quilt, wish me luck!!

I just thought of it, my green border is the same color as my KenQuilt Princess Long arm. Can you tell I LOVE green??


3 comments:

Stephanie D said...

That shade of blue is just perfect! I think the green border is a great choice--it contains the colors of the blocks and gives the eye a place to rest.

Don't you love it when you have just the right color in your stash?

Mary Johnson said...

This looks great Lori, I love the colors.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

A perfect border piece for your tossed salad blocks! and you shopped the stash! You go girl :)