Thursday Mumblings

Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Today we put the waterproofing on the deck and pergola. I was going to do it by myself, but I was just TOO SHORT and had to have Ken help me. He did the top and the floor while I did the railings and spindles. It was warm today and we used a latex sealer, so it went very fast. I just wanted the wood to age by itself, didn't want to stain the deck, so we'll see how this works. We dug out the patio furniture and put it on the deck, is really quite nice to sit on. And the carpenters built trellises on the sides next to the house for my clematis to climb on. Has anyone ever moved a wisteria?? I have two I would like to move next to the deck and let them climb over the pergola. Poor things got trimmed back drastically last year, and now are blooming.

My goals are going quite well this week, I made them very small!! The deck is sealed, the tossed salad blocks are put together, and the pink hearts quilt only needs the hand stitching of the binding down. Whew!! I will be gone until next week, I am at the visitor center Fri-Sat-Sun. So Ken will have the deck all to himself.

6 comments:

SueR said...

Your new deck is really nice, I'm sure you'll really enjoy it this summer! Have a fun weekend away!

Stephanie D said...

Open, but cozy--I like that! It will be really nice to see the clematis climbing up the sides.

Looks like a great place to have a cup of coffee and peruse the latest quilting magazine. Should I bring some banana bread? ~s~

Henrietta said...

Where did Wednesday go?

Huh.

JuJu said...

Lori, the deck is GREAT!! I can see you and Ken enjoying it! Much easier for Dad to get up the ramp and into the house. In a couple of years it will be overflowing with flowers!! Oh I wish I could pack a bag and camp with you, binding those quilts! But I'm still a working woman!!!

Carol E. said...

Nice, cozy deck! I have a quilty question for you and wonder if you could send me an e-mail so I can get your email address.

Becky said...

The deck looks wonderful ! It will be waiting for you on Monday to enjoy! Hope that you are having great weather at the Visitor Center.