Motivation Friday

Friday, February 27, 2009
It's been a busy week. No sewing since company came, but I broke in the spices and the apron.
You'd think my relatives never eat, they were saying "Hurry Up, we want to eat!" The food was good, all three spices were tried. I cooked a lot using the original, fried the cabbage with the white pepper blend. And one nephew put the HOT on all his plate, he said it was good too! My nephew and his wife are getting ready to move to Naples, Italy and were visiting. He is career Navy. They will be there for about 18 months.

And of course cooking led to more cooking. In between I baked a double batch of pecan chocolate chip cookies. And I was trying to read blogs in between. Not good. The timer went off and I thought I had taken the pan out of the oven. NOT!!
So I put them all on a plate together, I wanted to see if Ken would notice. I hid the others.

Look what I found him doing today.

Not a man to let an overdone cookie go to waste! Here is what they were supposed to look like.

We like our cookies chewy, not dunking material. Ken thought they were my CHOCOLATE chocolate chip cookies and the color was normal!

My bobbin case came yesterday, tomorrow I will try it out.


7 comments:

JuJu said...

Love the pic of YOU!! Looks like your are having a grand time! Hey, those cookies look eatable!!

Snow here ....

Stephanie D said...

Hubby knows what to do--let me get a glass of milk and I'll join him!

Love the apron! lol

MightyMom said...

carbon is good for ya! helps clean out your system...

Tins and Treasures said...

I'll bet it smells so good in your house...cajun cooking, chocolate chip cookies...
Have fun with your company. Take care, Natalie

pdudgeon said...

you look fabulous in that apron!!!
and those cookies look yummy!!!!!

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

you guys look like you are having a great time! Enjoy!

magicthimblecreations said...

Lori,
I am so glad to hear you like the Slap.....spices. I also like the fact that others tested them also. I will be ordering mine soon. The cookies look great! I like mine soft and chewy also, but I was raised with the dark dunking style. My mom likes everything crisp!