Saturday Musing

Saturday, February 28, 2009

I was having sewing withdrawal, so late last night I snuck into my sewing room. I pieced a large backing for my Christmas courthouse steps out of what I could find left of that pesky Christmas fabric. The binding will be colorful too I think. Pieced a backing for Mia's Wonky Stars and made binding for Mia's quilt too. Today I am going to test drive the new bobbin case. So close on many things, but I won't have any finishes by tomorrow. Bummer! But I am working on projects so it's all good! Finishes are coming.

7 comments:

Stephanie D said...

(Heaving a sigh of relief). Good. You were making me feel really guilty. lol

JK, of course. Next Sunday your numbers will probably be way up there again.

pdudgeon said...

sewing withdrawl...i hear ya!
me too. I've gotten everything new put away into containers so i can start quilting again. Should have a finish by late Monday, i hope.
best wishes for your new bobbin case.

Tins and Treasures said...

I hope your new bobbin case makes your machine purr like a kitten!
Take care~Natalie

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Hope the new bobbin case cures what ails your machine!

I better watch out as your numbers are going to leave me in the dust! just kidding :)

Becky said...

Glad that you stole some sewing time. Hope that your new bobbin case does the trick. Enjoy!

MightyMom said...

I quilted so much the last 2 nights that there's a hole in my right thumb. really!! blunt end of my needle kept going through in the same place. sigh. makes it hard to start IVs.

ALMOST done quilting that wall hanging.
instead of binding I'm gonna bring the backing fabric to the front...sew ONCE around and call it DONE. (well, after the dowel pocket and the hanger are attached.)

Munin said...

That's how it is with hobbies. I was having trouble sleeping late one night so I got back to my crochet project phone bag. I finished it until the wee hours of the morning, got so hooked into it.

Louis Lautman gathered together a treasury of entrepreneurial trips and other secrets for success, check out The YES movie at www.TheYESmovie.com.