Wednesday Ramblings

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Becky tagged me with this Honest Scrap post. The idea is to reveal 10 honest things about yourself that you haven't blogged about and list 5 addictions. Then tag 5 friends.




Five Addictions I'm willing to admit to--
  1. Antiques--especially old dishes and sewing machines
  2. Angels
  3. Coffee--I have to have it EVERY morning, perked in an old fashioned coffee pot on my stove. No sugar, no cream.
  4. groceries--I am a hoarder of canned goods. I once owned 27 cans of chili beans. I am working on this!
  5. carbs
10 things you may not know about me--
  1. I am the youngest of four children
  2. I spent almost my entire childhood within two miles of my grandmother--she was very influencial in my life.
  3. I love to drive but hate to fly
  4. I am an avid birdwatcher
  5. My favorite vegetable is broccoli
  6. I want to try train travel
  7. I wish I could play the piano WELL.
  8. I can trap shoot
  9. I learned to drive when I was very young in a pasture in a yellow International pickup.
  10. I don't like my food to "touch" when it's on my plate, but love to eat casseroles
I won't tag five people, but feel free to try this. I found it very hard!

The sewing is progressing slowly. I have sewn together 48 of the courthouse steps in pairs and will lay them out again to "preview". I want to play with my Bricks and Stepping Stones box to relax. I may pick up a pink/white UFO to play with for a while. Ken is sleeping, he works tonight. Ruby is sleeping. I guess I am the only one awake!

6 comments:

MightyMom said...

well, go to sleep then!

haha

have fun relaxing

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Hmm 27 cans of chili? Do you like Chili LOL

Sweet P said...

Those are some interesting facts about you. I grew up across the street from my grandma. Actually she lived with us until I was 5, then married the widower across the street and moved there. I'm also the youngest of 4 children. Although I'm the only girl and the one in the family who is left-handed.

Becky said...

Thanks for playing along! I love reading the different answers given. My grandmother lived a block away from us. Loved it! She always gave me a call when she had a cake fresh from the oven.

JuJu said...

hey girl ... pasture driving, learned that way too! LOLO. I'm the youngest of 4, 2 of us are left handed! I also lived with my grandmother, but she did not quilt. I like fruit more than vegetables!

Stephanie D said...

Very intriguing about the food not touching each other--you're only the second adult I've met who admitted to that!

I might try this one later...