Sunday Stash Report

Sunday, February 1, 2009

How fast the weeks go by! This week I am adding 3 yards to my stash. A while back when everyone was making "Happy Blocks" I made "Manly Blocks". You see, I don't buy novelty fabrics. So Pat sent me a small portion of her novelties. Remember those words--small portion!



There are 106 6.5" squares there! And Pat said it barely made a dent in her drawer! There are chickens, beach accessories, princesses, fairs, any kind of novelty you can think of is there! So when I need to make more "Happy Blocks" I am ready! Thank you Pat.
So that's 3 yards in, 0 out, for a year to date total of 8 yards in! Sounds pretty bad for the first month!
But, I think it's okay. This week I finished quilting Jane's quilt, the bottom of it is peeking out under Pat's squares. I put together the centers of two baby quilts.
I have enough 4 patches to make four of these! All from stash, so that's a good thing. And I also trimmed my Christmas Courthouse steps blocks, I have the last two strips to put on. Although my goals suffered, I am still getting things done.
Today is for different projects. Dishes (who LIKES to do dishes~!) and some homemade buttermilk bread. And I am going to try a new recipe for Etouffee and put it in the crock pot for tomorrow. I also have a batch of beignets in the fridge and maybe they will be made later too. Everyone have a great week!

8 comments:

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Sorry, Lori!

I didn't mean to skew your stash numbers so much :)

Brenda said...

I really like those baby quilts. Could you tell me the pattern? Or is it your own design? I really like the way they are done.

You don't buy novelty fabric???? Good for you!! I find I am always picking them up and then wounderin' what to do with them. It's nice to have a friend who can help out though, your blks will be wounderful!!

Katie Z. said...

8 yards in? That's nothin' compared to my deep hole!

I love the baby tops. I might have to try that next time I am using scraps.

Sarah said...

I like the feathers you did on the Jane's quilt in the background of the first photo. I must say I'm jealous that you have a longarm frame. I spent about 4 hours today wrestling with a 57 x 75 lap quilt and trying to fit it under my own sewing machine!

8 yards in isn't too bad for this time of year. Instead of thinking about how much (or little) you've used in the past 4 weeks, think ahead to how much you could possibly use in the next 48!

MightyMom said...

I buy novelty fabrics...when I have a quilt in mind for them. Actually that's the only time I buy fabric period. I never buy something "just to have" it's always with a project in mind. Then I usually buy more than enough so my dreaded greatest fear of running out won't come true...therein lies the big stash I have...that and I inherited all my grandmother's stuff :-)

Stephanie D said...

Mmmm, that recipe sounds wonderful!

Might have to try that later!

Pattilou said...

I won't get discouraged at the 4 patches I'm accumulating--this is a great way to use them.

Love it!

Sherry said...

Oh man, I LOVE beignets!!!

The baby quilts are really neat.