Motivation Friday

Friday, January 30, 2009
Instead of Motivation Friday I may have to change this to "Fess Up Friday" if I don't stay on track better!

This week I finished quilting Jane's Star. I haven't loaded another quilted, but Ken and I did raise the rollers, so I can work on that goal. My back has been bothering me, so I haven't stood to trim the Christmas Courthouse Steps, maybe tonight, with the help of a little tylenol! And now that I'm not using the rollers to quilt, I can use them to put the borders on the D9P! (I use them to lay the quilt and measure borders, works really good!)

But I did get something else done, I put together enough of those little blue 4-patches to make a top. What do you think? I did it in a total random order, just started with the piles and sewed.



Now those little squares finish to 1", so with borders the quilt will be 40x50", about right for a baby quilt. And since I made enough blocks for three more, I may have enough for a few babies!

11 comments:

Becky said...

What a nice looking baby quilt! Hope that your back improves!

Have a great weekend!

JuJu said...

I need lots of Motivation.... too much to do, to little time to get it done. I'm jealous of all that you DO get done. Maybe when I retire in 10 years ... meanwhile I'll just drool over what you do!!

Jennifer said...

That quilt looks great, it will be a lucky baby who gets it!

MightyMom said...

did you make any that are PINK??

Cathy said...

I love the quilt. My boss bought me a pair of Crocs to wear while standing at my quilt frame. I have a lot of arthritis in my lower back. They are amazing no back pain after standing a long time. Check it out - www.crocs.com

Stephanie D said...

That is so pretty! It reminds me of those beaded curtains from the 60s--little jewels and beads dangling around.

I like this one a lot!

Mary-Kay said...

I really like the blue and white. You can't go wrong with those colours. It gets me thinking of more ways to use up my stash.

Tins and Treasures said...

That's awesome...I love how it turned out...and without planning! Have a good weekend. Natalie

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Looking good...blue and white are a timeless color combo!

I wear Crocs around the house, too as my slippers. as a matter of fact, when I quilted in my tennies...my back ached something fierce!

Vicki W said...

I really like the quilt!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Terrific!