Wednesday on Thursday

Thursday, January 29, 2009
I went to post last night and I didn't have an internet connection. It's up today (they were probably doing some sort of maintenance).

First of all, if you ever come visit me, DON'T DRINK THE WATER WHERE MY HUSBAND WORKS! Why? Something in it is causing the employees to reproduce like rabbits! Last Friday when we were at the Christmas party, I found out no less than four employees were pregnant. (now this is a small employer, probably 35 employees or so.) I don't know all of them personally, but the ones I do will make baby quilts for. The last few days I have been working on this--


Yes, lots of little 4 patches but after reading the directions I decided it would be easy to reproduce with "mindless chain piecing"--one of my favorite things to do. I am making it in multiples.

I haven't forgotten my goals, I finished quilting Jane's Star quilt, but before I start another one, I am going to have Ken help me raise the rollers, the quilt top is "dragging" on the bed of my machine.

I am still distracted by my new book, I have three different mixes going, and am about to start a 4th! This is the results of yesterdays distractions!

I think these needed a bit more baking, although they are good! The left is a European Peasant and the right is Pumpernickel.

2 comments:

Katie Z. said...

Mmm... Looks good. I'll make sure to blame you if I'm bitten by the bread bug!

MightyMom said...

yummy!! well have fun with all those squares!