Motivation Friday

Friday, January 2, 2009
I hope everyone had a Happy New Year. Pretty quiet here, we have colds. I'm finding it hard to be motivated! But I did work on a UFO that has been hanging on my design wall, I sewed those blocks together. Later today I am going to sew on my courthouse steps. But I haven't loaded a quilt yet, too much sniffling I guess.

I made 48 Happy Blocks, but mine are a little different. I made mine more "manly" as there is hardly any novelty fabrics in my stash.



Mostly geometric prints, very few florals. I will let them hang a few days and see what blocks I may move.


Did I show you what I received in the white elephant gift exchange? A Woodstock stuffed toy! Woodstock is my favorite cartoon character. And there is my new lime green notebook, I picked it up when I was at the insurance agent's, I will use it to track my stash busting efforts every week.

10 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

They look great Lori. I hope you feel better soon!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

The blocks all look so nice all together on the wall. I'd say a pre-teen boy would want this one. Sorry to hear you're suffering a cold. So far this year I've been lucky, but I don't want to say that too loud.............

JuJu said...

Lori, Sorry about the cold ... sniffle, sniffle... blocks look great! Oh Woodstock, isn't he cute, that bright yellow will keep you awake!! LOLOL

Becky said...

Sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well. You blocks look good. That quilt will make someone happy. I still have some Woodstock earrings from a high school boyfriend. I promised some of my fifth grade students that I would wear them one day to school. Maybe, Monday. If I remember...

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

and I would send you some kiddie novelty fabric...just say 'the word'! The gifting of fabric is one way to Stashbust!

Your 'maly' blocks are looking great and will be loved by someone! :)

MightyMom said...

long live woodstock!

Tins and Treasures said...

I like the Quilt Blocks too. I am amazed at how fast you put that together! Hope you're feeling better. Natalie

Stephanie D said...

Sorry you're having to deal with a cold now, but at least Mason's not around, too. You wouldn't be able to enjoy him at all.

When I have a cold, quilting isn't on my mind at all. I think you're dedicated.

YankeeQuilter said...

Hope the cold passes quickly. The blocks look wonderful.

SueR said...

You've got a big pile of blocks there, and they look pretty nice all together. Feel better soon.