Wednesday Ramblings

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Tonight will be Ken's first night back at work. I know he is going to be sore, can I come visit you for the next week??


Yesterday we ran a few errands, Alycia's box is shipped (watch for it Alycia!!) and I stopped at the fabric store for a few things I needed. Yes, NEEDED! And yes, shopped my stash first. Drat!

Today I will make a dish Ken loves for supper, we call it "football dip". Make with browned burger, onion, salsa, canned chili/no beans, a little taco seasoning, and Velveeta. You eat it with tortilla chips. And a pan of brownies.


I've been working on my goals. Readying a top to load. The Chocolate Covered Cherries are waiting for their border. Remember the blocks I found and I couldn't remember why I made them? I found the book where I got the idea, soon I can work on them! The Christmas Courthouse steps are trimmed waiting for the next strips. The "Manly Happy Blocks" are now a top waiting for a border.




I also love to bake, and one of my favorite things to make is bread. Here I made two loaves of raisin cinnamon bread.

I hope you are getting in the sewing time you want. The weather has warmed and I feel much more like sewing.

12 comments:

JuJu said...

Yes, you can come live with me! But ... you rent fee will be baking fresh bread every week! LOLOL

Jeanne said...

Mmmmm. Homemade cinnamon raisin bread! I can only imagine.......

MightyMom said...

come on down! you can bed in with Sugars....hahahaha

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

Love the dinner menu!

How big is your 'manly' quilt? Does it need borders?!

Julia said...

Yummilicious!!! I love to bake bread too! I haven't done cinnamon raisin for awhile. I think that some of this yummilicious goodness is going to be in my very near future! Thanks for the inspiration! :~)

Kim said...

Yummmillicious indeed, Julia! Lori, you made me wish I had a loaf of your bread every single time I spot a fresh loaf over here. That dinner for your hub's is total comfort food right down to that pan of brownies, lol. Hope he doesn't suffer too much this week. That quilt you have hanging there is very festive. Perked up my dreary day.

Greenmare said...

it was 41 degrees in south dakota??? or so your weather pixie said. Are you sending that our way? I love the blocks and I can't wait to see all the tops you're working on, and I think I can smell that yummy bread!!

Amy said...

Ooh I like the manly blocks.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like the manly blocks!! And the box got here! But the bread wasn't in it..... how come? *giggle*

Darlene said...

Love the Manly Happy Blocks.

Stephanie D said...

Oh, yeah, you can come live with me--but bring your paintbrush! I bought the two gallons today and hope to get started tomorrow!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Love the Manly happy blocks...and that bread made my mouth water.