Monday Goals and I'm Distracted

Monday, January 26, 2009
Monday goals, Monday goals! Okay--here they go---

1. Finish quilting Jane's Star
2. Load another quilt
3. Trim and add last 2 rounds to Christmas Courthouse steps
4. Add borders to D9P quilt

There, that should keep me busy for a week!

The Distraction---this book--

http://writelysew.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/bread-book.jpg

I love to bake bread. I love to EAT bread! This book has some great ideas. Right now I have some French peasant boule mixed up, and some pumpernickel. You store it in the fridge for up to two weeks, and when you want a loaf, you pull off a piece from your stored mix and very simply shape it, raise it, bake it, AND THEN YOU EAT IT!! No kneading! I have mine stored in plastic ice cream buckets. Tomorrow I am making a pork roast in the crock pot from A Year of Crock-potting Blog. I am looking forward to trying it.

5 comments:

Paula said...

The book looks great! I've enjoyed reading through the crock potting blog. She has so many awesome recipes.

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Tomorrow's meal sounds yummy. We have that bread book in the library and it's been pretty popular. People who check it out usually wind up buying their own copy.

Katie Z. said...

Everyone but me seems to be on to that book right now. I like the idea of not kneading my bread - that's the major thing that slows down my breadmaking with 2 small girls! Glad it's working out for you (and I'm glad you found the needles!).

Stephanie D said...

I've been seeing that book on blogs everywhere!

The crockpotting blog, too--I made the chicken cordon bleu a week or so ago, but cooked it too long, I think, because it was a little dry. The flavor was good, though, so I'll make it again.

Sweet P said...

I've been thinking about buying that book. I think I need to check it out at B&N before I buy it. How did your pork roast turn out?